Thursday, November 24, 2011

Random...

I was daydreaming yesterday...and I think that I could make it as a personal chef. I read on the Internet that (unlike an executive chef at restaurants), the personal chef cooks for a specific type of clientele. I could cook for the gluten-free, sugar-free crowd! :)


However, the more I read, to make it as a chef, you apparently have to be a perfectionist and a control freak...I'm just getting to the point where I'm NOT trying to be such a perfectionist....so no, thank you.
Maybe I can just open up my own cafe/bakery one day...I've already had a friend volunteer to be the pastry chef!

On another note, I wanted to post a recipe for Pineapple Chicken, that I adapted from this recipe at A Year of Slow Cooking (I used what I had on hand; you can do the same)...This recipe is such a good go-to recipe, and it's in the crockpot--how much easier could it be?!
Crockpot Pineapple Chicken
1 pkg. chicken breasts (4-6 pieces, or more, if your crockpot's bigger than mine!)
1/4 c. gluten free soy sauce (I use San-J's Tamari sauce)
1 t. crushed red pepper
1 can crushed pineapple

Cook on low 4-6 hrs, or on high for 3-4 hours.
I served over brown rice, but on this website, she used spinach.
Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment