Thursday, January 5, 2012

A little something different....

Thanks so much to everyone who viewed and/or commented on my Almond Coconut tea biscuits yesterday!! I so enjoyed reading everyone's comments, as well as looking at other people's biscuit recipes! This was my first time doing anything like that for my blog, so it's fun and very exciting for me to get to share, and get involved with other bloggers :)


On Christmas morning, I made this apple crumble using the leftovers from the multiple batches of tea biscuits that I'd been working on for the Gluten Free Ratio Rally. This recipe is a little different because I didn't use any exact measurements; I just used what I had in the house. But it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!

Cut up 2-3 apples (I used Gala) into slices. Don't bother peeling them, unless you can't stand the peeling. Personally, I like it. Put the apple slices in a bowl, drizzle with a little agave nectar and sprinkle with:
- cinnamon
- cardamom
- nutmeg
- ground cloves or allspice

Toss to coat. Put the apples in a square 8x8" pan. Crumble the scones (or other favorite topping) on the apples. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 min. The apples will be very soft, and the mixture will be bubbly. If the top needs to brown a little bit more, you can bake for a few minutes with the cover removed.

(Another good touch to this that I'd like to try next time would be to slice up half a stick of butter over the crust before putting in the oven; it may be more like a cobbler that way...)

Dig in!

1 comment:

  1. Try 1 c. almond flour mixed with about 3 T. coconut oil (room temp)...Mix by hand and crumble over top.

    ReplyDelete