Friday, May 18, 2012

Learning gratitude...

 Permit me to diverge from my normal blog pattern for a moment, and share a little of what's been on my heart (nudged by this post on gratefulness, and this beautiful site that inspires me to try to "capture beauty" with my camera).

Sometimes parts of life are broken.
Sometimes they come to us broken; Sometimes things become broken over time, just because seasons change or life just happens.

And yet, I'm learning to be grateful for beauty, even in the midst of "ugly."

It's hard sometimes. And it's not always easily captured in words.
But I take a breath, and ask God to open my eyes to beauty, to the good, to the blessings.
Even here.
So today:

 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And of course, my most recent kitchen endeavor...

Homemade Peach Ice Cream
So I'm totally on an ice cream kick...this is inspired by this post by Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen.

2 cups almond milk
3 peaches
1/4 c. agave nectar
1 t. vanilla

Peel and pit the peaches. Put 2 of the peaches in the blender, with the almond milk, agave nectar, and vanilla, and blend until smooth. Pour in ice cream maker and freeze according to directions. Before it's completely done, dice the last peach, and add to the ice cream mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment