Monday, June 4, 2012

When Friends Gather

Having just finished a week-long vacation with my family, of course I wanted to come home and immediately duplicate some of the yummy things that I tasted there. Over the next several posts, I'm going to share some recipes that I felt deserved special recognition.

During the week, some of our friends from Texas met us at the resort, and invited us to a dinner out by the grill. They knew that I am gluten-free, and so the meal was GF-friendly...and it was yummy! :) It was such a good time of laughter and conversation (even the part where we got rained out at the end!)


Mango lemonade (half lemonade, half mango juice), grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, and delicious mango salsa. I was told that this mango salsa also freezes well, which I think is awesome!

Fresh Mango Salsa
1 large, fresh mango, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 of an onion, finely diced
handful of fresh cilantro (about 1/3 c., or to taste)
juice of 1/2 fresh lime, or about 1 T.
pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, and serve as a side, or a dip for chips.
(Shared as part of Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.)

No comments:

Post a Comment